The Hatti community residing in Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh has been officially recognized as a Scheduled Tribe.
The Government of Himachal Pradesh has bestowed Scheduled Tribe status upon the Hatti community residing in Trans-Giri of Sirmaur district.
After clarification from the Center and Cabinet approval, the notification was issued and the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh will personally announce it.
The Lok Sabha passed a proposal to include the Hutti community in the Scheduled Tribe list in December 2022.
Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships: Ajit N. won the 73 kg category.
- Indian weightlifter Ajit N. Emerged as champion in the 73 kg category in the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship.
- The tournament was apprehended in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- He lifted a total of 308 kg, surpassing his nearest rival Jonathan Chin of England by 22 kg.
- Ajit’s victory further established his strong position in the weightlifting field.
Russia takes over the chairmanship of 2024 BRICS.
- Russia assumed the 2024 BRICS chairmanship, welcoming Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates into the grouping, focusing on global development, security and expansion.
- Key areas of BRICS partnership include political and security cooperation, economic and cultural exchanges.
- Putin stressed Russia’s intention to include a new category of partner countries within BRICS.
India, Pakistan exchange list of nuclear installations.
Maintaining a 30+ year tradition, India and Pakistan exchanged lists of their respective nuclear facilities, in accordance with the agreement prohibiting attacks on each other’s nuclear sites.
This is the 33rd consecutive year of this exchange, which was established by an agreement signed in 1988 and enacted in 1991, which aimed to promote nuclear non-aggression.
Anahat won Under-19 girls title in Scottish Junior Open Squash Championship.
- Indian teenager Anahat Singh defeated Robin McAlpine to win the girls under-19 title at the 2023 Scottish Junior Open Squash.
- In other wins, Subhash Choudhary won the boys under-15 final.
- Aadya Budhia won the girls’ under-13 final.
- Approximately 200 players from over 30 countries participated in the Scottish Junior Open.
DLF has been recognized as the top sustainable developer at the prestigious PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards.
DLF Cyber City Developers won the Best Sustainable Developer title at the 4th PropertyGuru Asia Property Awards (India), while also earning recognition in ESG, Sustainable Design and Construction.
Supreme Universal and Raiskaran also received awards, receiving special recognition for luxury development and landmark office design respectively, while S. Raheja Realty wins award for redevelopment.
PM inaugurates several development projects in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu.
Prime Minister Modi laid the foundation stone for development projects worth over Rs 20,000 crore in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu.
Major rail, road and shipping projects in Tamil Nadu as well as the new terminal building at Tiruchirappalli International Airport were inaugurated.
Kamarajar Port’s indigenous Fast Reactor Fuel Reprocessing Plant and General Cargo Berth-II were commissioned.
Felix Tshisekedi elected as President of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Félix Tshisekedi wins re-election as President of Congo with over 70% of the vote.
- The opposition faced calls for a re-poll due to logistical issues, questioning the validity of the results.
- Violence broke out when opposition supporters protested, leading to clashes.
- Tshisekedi is a member of the Luba ethnic group.
- He represents the Union for Democracy and Social Progress party.
Padma Bhushan winner Professor Ved Prakash Nanda passes away.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed grief over the demise of Professor Ved Prakash Nanda in view of his invaluable contribution to the legal field and commitment to legal education.
As an International Law Professor at the University of Denver, he held positions in the World Jurists Association and the American Society of International Law, and was the recipient of the Padma Bhushan Award in 2018.
Uttarakhand bans purchase of agricultural land by ‘outsiders’.
The Uttarakhand government has banned the purchase of agricultural land by non-residents until a committee submits its report on the new land laws.
As part of the ban, ‘outsiders’ are not allowed to purchase land for agricultural or horticultural use.
The aim of this step is to respect and uphold the sentiments of the people of Uttarakhand.
Professor B. R. Kamboj got M.S. Awarded with Swaminathan Award.
Chaudhary Charan Singh, Vice Chancellor of Haryana Agricultural University, Professor B.R. Kamboj was awarded the prestigious M.S. for his extraordinary contribution to agricultural science. Received Swaminathan Award.
This award ceremony took place in the international conference organized on the theme ‘One Health One World’ at Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Agricultural University in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh.
Anahat Singh won the Girls Under-19 2023 Scottish Junior Open title in Edinburgh.
- Indian teenager Anahat Singh won the girls under-19 title at the 2023 Scottish Junior Open Squash held in Edinburgh.
- She defeated Robin McAlpine 11–6, 11–1 and 11–5 in the final.
- Anahat Singh dominated the game with extraordinary skill and determination.
- In the final, Subhash Chaudhary won the boys title by defeating Shiven Agarwal 5-11, 11-4, 6-11, 11-8 and 11-5.
- Meanwhile, Shrestha Iyer defeated Shreyansh Jah in the All Indian Boys U13 final.
- Divyanshi Jain was the runner-up in the girls’ U11 category.
India launches single-window portal to streamline imports of medical equipment.
India has launched the National Single Window System (NSWS) to streamline imports of medical devices. It has been designed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
It will be a ‘one-stop-shop’ portal for import of medical devices into India.
It will facilitate applications for registration certificates and licenses to manufacture or import medical devices for various purposes such as clinical investigation, testing, evaluation, demonstration or training.
This portal will act as a one-stop shop for all approvals required by the investor and facilitate ease of doing business.
For the third consecutive year, UP has achieved the top position in the country’s inter-operable criminal justice system.
- Uttar Pradesh has stood first for the third consecutive year in recording the highest entry rate on the Inter-Operable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) platform.
- The ICJS platform has witnessed a total of 1,56,22,514 entries registered by the Directorate of Prosecution Uttar Pradesh.
- Following closely behind is Madhya Pradesh, securing the second position with 35,04,828 entries, while Bihar holds the third position with 16,65,107 entries.
- The ICJS platform has been conceptualized by the e-Committee of the Supreme Court and implemented by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Notably, the ICJS platform facilitates seamless transfer of data and information between various pillars of the criminal justice system across the country.
- In these, data related to crimes and criminals is exchanged between courts, police, prisons and forensic science laboratories through a single window system.
ALSO READ – Current Affairs 2 January 2024