3 Indian cities were nominated for the International Wetland City tag.
- India has submitted 3 nominations for recognition as international wetland cities beneath the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands: Indore, Bhopal and Udaipur.
- These are the primary 3 Indian cities for which nominations have been submitted for Wetland City reputation.
- The nominations are submitted primarily based on proposals acquired from State Wetland Authorities in association with Municipalities.
- During COP12 held inside the year 2015, the Ramsar Convention accredited a voluntary Wetland City Accreditation System.
- The Wetland City Accreditation Scheme pursuits to promote the conservation and smart use of urban and peri-city wetlands and sustainable socio-monetary benefits for the nearby population.
- It may even offer an opportunity to gain global recognition for towns that price their herbal or guy-made wetlands.
- Wetlands placed in and round these towns offer many blessings to their residents in terms of flood law, livelihood opportunities, and leisure and cultural values.
- Sirpur Wetland (Ramsar site in Indore), Yashwant Sagar (Ramsar website close to Indore), Bhoj Wetland (Ramsar site in Bhopal), and many wetlands (lakes) are the lifeline for these towns.
India’s toy exports to grow from $ninety six million in 2014-15 to $326 million in 2022-23.
- Toy imports declined fifty two% from $332 million to $159 million over the equal length.
- According to a case take a look at on ‘Success Stories of Toys Made in India’, measures which include boom in import obligation and high-quality manage caused an increase in exports of toys and a decline in imports.
- The study turned into performed by IIM Lucknow on behalf of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- The toy zone is expected to develop at about 12% compound annual boom charge over the following eight years.
- Toy exports are expected to grow to $three billion by 2028.
- Tariffs on imported toys were improved from 20% to 60%. Quality manage orders were delivered to prevent dumping of inferior merchandise.
- According to the file, the number of producing gadgets doubled from 2014 to 2020 due to government efforts.
- Government efforts decreased dependence on imported inputs from 33% to 12% and gross income value extended at 10% CAGR.
MeitY launches ERNET India web portal for academic establishments.
- The newly developed included web portal of ERNET India for instructional institutions was released by way of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The portal will offer domain registration, DNS and fee brought services.
- This internet portal has been developed using open-source software program and rising technology like AI/ML.
- ERNET India is a non-profit clinical society beneath MeitY.
- ERNET India is supplying web accessibility offerings, campus Wi-Fi offerings, clever lecture rooms and connectivity to instructional and studies establishments via terrestrial and satellite tv for pc structures.
Prerna software was launched by means of the Ministry of Education.
- The Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education has launched ‘Prerna: An Education Program based totally on Experience’.
- It goals to provide a meaningful, unique and galvanizing experience to all individuals, empowering them with leadership features.
- Prerana is per week lengthy residential software for decided on students from training IX to XII.
- It is an experiential and inspiring mastering software for students with the great of technology wherein heritage and innovation meet.
- A batch of 20 decided on students (10 boys and 10 ladies) from unique components of the country will participate in this application each week.
- The Prerna program will originate from the Vernacular School mounted in 1888 in Vadnagar, Mehsana district of Gujarat, one of the oldest towns of India.
- IIT Gandhi Nagar has prepared the curriculum of Prerna School.
Under PM Shri Yojana, 928 schools of Uttar Pradesh will receive a facelift inside the first phase.
- PM Shri Schools were released within the state by means of Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- Participants from 928 locations participated actually in the release ceremony held in Lucknow on January 4.
- Under the PM Shri Yojana, inside the first segment, upgradation and transformation work of 928 government schools of Uttar Pradesh is being performed, which also consists of 81 Kendriya and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- 928 schools within the state might be modernized with an quantity of Rs 404 crore. In this, lessons 1 to twelve could be upgraded.
- A overall of 1753 schools have been decided on for upgradation below PM Shri Schools across the kingdom.
India to end free motion regime permitting border crossing into Myanmar.
The Indian authorities has decided to terminate the Free Movement Regime (FMR) allowing visa-free sixteen-kilometer entry into every different’s territory for humans dwelling alongside the India-Myanmar border. Advanced fencing can be erected to completely seal the porous frontier.
Hindenburg Research accuses Adani Group of stock manipulation and different irregularities.
In January 2023, US-based short dealer Hindenburg Research published a document alleging several improper dealings by means of Indian conglomerate Adani Group headed by Gautam Adani. The record accused the institution of inventory manipulation, use of offshore shell corporations, and raising debt via doubtful manner.
RBI proposes better 50% dividend payout ratio for healthy banks.
The Reserve Bank of India has released draft norms allowing banks with strong monetary metrics to growth dividend payouts to shareholders up to 50% of earnings, from the sooner forty% ceiling. Banks have to have internet non-performing asset ratio beneath 6%, capital adequacy ratio above eleven%, and leverage ratio above 4.5% to qualify for the higher payout ratio.
India joins Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO), a multinational initiative to construct the world’s biggest radio telescope.
India has formally signed up for the Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) – an ambitious multinational initiative to construct the arena’s largest radio telescope spanning over a square kilometer. The SKAO isn’t one device but a group of telescopes, or contraptions, located in continents – Africa and Australia. India will contribute to the layout and improvement of the SKAO in addition to host a regional centre for information processing and evaluation.
Three new-to-technological know-how frogs located in Arunachal Pradesh.
Scientists have suggested three new frog species belonging to new genera from Arunachal Pradesh’s Namdapha-Kamlang covered region network alongside the Myanmar border. The new frog species determined are: Namdapha flying frog, Kamlang flying frog, and Kamlang horned frog. These frogs have particular variations inclusive of webbed feet, skin flaps, and horn-like projections that assist them live on in their habitats.
ALSO READ –