Generations of Computer : In the 20th century, electricity was invented so computers began using electric power this led to the rapid development of computers. let’s discourse how the modern PC changed generation after generation the computers that were developed from 1942 to 1955 were called the first generation computers.
First Generation Computer (1946-1959)
The first generation computers used vacuum tubes, a vacuum tube consists of a glass bulb and wire. the wire is used to carry data in the form of electronic signals. The first generation of computers was very large expensive and required huge amount of electricity. The ENIAC or the electronic numerical integrator and calculator was a first-era computer.
Followings were the real disadvantages of 1st Generation PCs:
- They were very cumbersome.
- The working rate was very moderate.
- Power utilization was exceptionally high.
- It required enormous space for establishment.
- They had no working framework.
- The programming capacity was very low.
Second Generation Computer (1959-1965)
The 2nd-generation computers were developing between 1956 and 1964.Now what is the distinction between the first and 2nd-generation computers the second technology computers used transistors rather than vacuum tubes as transistors are smaller than vacuum tubes? The computers became much smaller in size they also became faster and cheaper
The remarkable highlights of this age were:
- Generally quicker than the 1st Generation PCs.
- Smaller than the 1st Generation PCs
- Created a lower level of warmth
- Increasingly dependable
- The higher limit of inward stockpiling
Third Generation Computer (1965-1975)
1965 to 1975 was the period of the third generation computers. Integrated circuits were introduced during the development of the third generation computers an integrated circuit or IC is as small as a transistor but it can work as fast as thousands of them. integrated circuits made computers faster cheaper and smaller than the second generation computers. They castoff fewer electricity and made fewer mistakes.
The constructions of computers going to this generation were:
- Utilized little ICS
- Comparatively precise small in size
- Prepared usage of operating system
- High processing speed
- More consistent
- Power effective and high speed
- Use of high-level languages
- Enormous memory
- Small cost
Fourth Generation Computer (1975-1989)
The computers developing since 1975 up to the present-day are called the fourth generation computers. The4th generation computer uses microprocessors. A microprocessor contains a small silicon chip on which thousands of circuits are sited. The fourth-generation computers are minor portable and inexpensive they use less electricity and yield less heat.
The prominent features of this group were:
- So fast
- Very small temperature generation
- Tiny in size
- Very consistent
- Insignificant hardware failure
- Highly classy
Fifth Generation Computer (1989 to till date)
Computers that are currently being researched and developed on the fifth generation computers these computers are the most advanced computers scientists are now trying to develop fifth generation computers.
In a mode that they can ponder on their own, this is termed artificial intelligence. Robots work on this technology now tries to answer this question which of the following terms is associated with the development of fifth-generation computers.
Click the correct option that’s proper scientists are seeking to develop artificial intelligence with the 5th technology computers. Computers are made in different sizes so that different people can use them for different purposes.
The notable highlights of this age are:
- PCs dependent on man-made reasoning are accessible
- PCs utilize broad parallel handling, different pipelines, numerous processors and so forth
- Enormous parallel machines and widely disseminated framework associated by correspondence systems fall in this classification.
- Presented ULSI (Ultra Large Scale Integration) innovation – Intel’s Pentium 4 microchip contains 55 million transistors a large number of segments on a solitary IC chip.
- Superscalar processors, Vector processors, SIMD processors, 32 pieces miniaturized scale controllers and installed processors, Digital Signal Processors (DSP) and so on have been created.
- Memory chips up to 1 GB, hard circle drives up to 30 GB and optical plates up to 27 GB are accessible (still the limit is expanding)
- Item situated language like JAVA reasonable for web programming has been created.
- Versatile scratch pad PCs presented
- Capacity innovation progressed – huge primary memory and plate stockpiling accessible
- Presented the World Wide Web. (What’s more, other existing applications like email, web-based business, Virtual libraries/Classrooms, interactive media applications and so on.)
- New working frameworks created – Windows 95/98/XP/… Windows7, LINUX, and so on.
- Got hot-pluggable highlights – which empower a bombed part to be supplanted with another one without the need to shut down the framework, enabling the uptime of the framework to be exceptionally high.
- The ongoing improvement in the use of the web is the Grid innovation which is still in its up and coming stage.
- Quantum instrument and nanotechnology will drastically change the period of PCs.
Let us discuss them supercomputers are the most complex computers. Supercomputers are used by people who need to process complex and large amounts of data supercomputers are used to solve complex numerical problems make forecasts and analyze scientific or engineering problems.
Mainframe computers are huge and lavish they have powerful processors and very big memories. Hundreds of people can work on a mainframe computer at the same time. Many computers are smaller and cheaper than mainframe computers and have less processing power. Many computers can process big quantities of data unlike mainframe computers fewer human beings can work on a mini-computer. Microcomputers are the most common computers they are used by businesses at schools and at homes only.
One person can use them at a time they are also called desktop computers or personal computers. Laptop computers are smaller but costlier than desktop computers they are also called notebooks they can be operated with a battery and as they are portable they are mostly used while traveling.
Mobile devices and tablets are smaller than laptop computers. Tablets are used to organize information play games and read e-books look at the image. It shows an embedded computer embedded. Computer is a microprocessor that is equipped into a tool to control its operation embedded computers are installed in smart home equipment and automobiles to perform unique operations.